Laser Treatments for Holistic Oral Care
Holistic oral care is focused on the highest standard of patient care with an emphasis on total body wellness. For this reason, a laser can be used for soft tissue treatment and management of a number of different oral health issues. Laser therapy not only improves oral health, but also significantly reduces the overall bacterial load present in the entire body, including plaque and tartar.
• Laser therapy is commonly used to seal exposed tubules (located on the root of the tooth) that are responsible for tooth sensitivity.
• Lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
• A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children or adults who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
• The lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
• Low intensity lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores, aphthous ulcers and herpetic lesions, as well as a significantly minimizing healing time.
• Lasers in dentistry have been used successfully for decades and are an excellent tool in the overall health of oral tissues. The painless laser treatment only takes about five to 10 minutes.
Medicine Wheel Dental, in Tucson, recently added laser therapy as another tool to improve the general health of their patients. Connect at 520-743-7101 or MedicineWheelDental.com. See ad, back cover.