Natural Awakenings Welcomes Your Participation!
Articles featured in Natural Awakenings address a number of natural living topics to help readers attain a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. Readers trust our content because it is educational, balanced and engaging. We welcome article submissions from those who have published writing experience. If we think that an article is publishable, but contains promotional content, we will request that the author resubmit the article after those references are removed or reworded.
Articles should be submitted by email as an attached MS Word document or as text embedded in the body of the email. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for length, style and clarity. Photos should be sent as separate attachment, not embedded in the document.
It is a good idea to time your submission to our 2020 Editorial Calendar which you can download below.
All submissions should be sent to: [email protected]
- Length: 250 – 1,200 words (some articles may be longer).
- Deadline: Due on or before the 10th of the month prior to publication.
- Articles should be written in layman’s terms, and impart information in a way that does not sound self-serving.
- Rather than tackling a vast subject, it is better to focus on a particular segment (Example: Using Chinese Medicine to Treat Menopause rather than Everything You Want to Know About Chinese Medicine).
- Article submissions should include facts and/or statistics that would be of interest to our readers. Any medical claims should be accompanied by cited research or credible source(s).
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions if necessary; for longer features, a copy of revisions can be returned upon request.
- Please include a brief biography at the end of your article.
- For the best chance of acceptance, we suggest you review the Natural Awakenings editorial style guidelines by clicking here.
The author of a feature-length article accepted for publication will receive a free Community Resource Guide listing that month.
- If your article has been published elsewhere, we are probably not interested.
- We cannot guarantee publication, and if accepted, we may not publish your piece immediately. If you would like us to keep the submission for future consideration, please let us know when submitting your article.
- Your original work will most likely be edited to fit our magazine’s style guidelines and we reserve that right. If you wish to review edits to your submission, send it at least seven days before the deadline, and be accessible for consultation.
* Required Field