Healthy Tailgating Recipes: Greek Nachos
Sep 01, 2017 01:01AM
• Six gluten-free, par-baked pizza crusts
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• Kosher salt
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
• 1 lemon, juiced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
• ¼ cup Greek green olives, chopped
• 1 cucumber, finely chopped
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
• ½ small red onion, finely chopped
• Feta cheese, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush the crusts with the olive oil and cut each into 6 triangles. Spread the triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and cook until they are crunchy, 10 to 13 minutes (turn the sheet halfway through cooking, if necessary).
In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill and garlic. Process until well-combined. Transfer to a separate dish, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for best flavor.
Spoon the yogurt sauce over the chips. On top, sprinkle Kalamata and green olives, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions. Sprinkle with feta and enjoy.
Recipe submitted by Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro, in Tucson. See ad, page 39.