Five Things to Look For When Choosing a New Cooling System
May 30, 2016 03:30PM
As we are now in June, the hottest month of the year, many will be considering new cooling systems. Check out these tips from the experts at A.M. Heating & Cooling.
1. A/C sizing and type of unit. Make sure the size of the unit makes sense for the size of your house. This will avoid improper airflow and buying more air conditioner than needed.
2. Energy efficiency. Also known as the SEER rating. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient it is and the less it costs to provide cooling to that system.
3. Features such as a variable speed blower. This feature is very popular especially in Tucson, where we are running our systems almost all of the time. This feature reduces electricity consumption because it tailors the usage to the need.
4. Professional installation: Who you choose to install the system and how it is installed are just as important as the unit choice. An improperly installed system could be unsafe and cause issues down the line. Choose an experienced, licensed contractor who will make sure the system functions well. Hire an expert that will walk you through the process and answer all questions.
5. A/C warranties. Ask the air conditioning company what kind of manufacturer warranties come with the system. There are different types and lengths of warranties such as unit replacement, compressor replacement, parts and labor warranties. This can give added peace of mind when making a thorough, informed decision.
Above all, when choosing a new air conditioning system, make sure you are not comparing apples to oranges when receiving multiple quotes. Write down all advantages of one over the other, including length of warranty, highest SEER rating and features. Then, a truly informed decision can be made.
For more information, contact A.M. Heating & Cooling at 520-612-5203 or AMHeatCool.com.