Diabetic Strategies to Consider
- Eat low glycemic foods every two hours. This keeps the metabolism on a slow burn, keeping glucose low.
- Exercise. Burn that glucose. Any exercise is good, but cardio is best. Try a 30 minute walk per day or higher intensity cardio with cycling, swimming or running for 30 to 60 minutes, two or three times per week. Weight training builds muscle, which burns glucose.
- Rest. Get enough sleep to let the body recover.
- Consider drinking green tea and cinnamon, which have been shown to lower blood glucose.
- Adopt a positive mental attitude. This helps brain chemistry and ignites the metabolism.
Dr. Nathan Conlee of Winterhaven Health Center has been treating auto and sports injuries since 1987. As a Chiropractic Neurologist, he works with many neurologic disorders, using gentle chiropractic, physiotherapy, acupuncture and metabolic nutrition. Mention this article to get a $93 discount on initial examination. Connect at 520-322-6161 or PerformanceNeurology.com. See ad, page 23.
Chiropractic: Dr. Nathan Conlee has been treating auto and sports injuries since 1987. As a Chiropractic Neurologist he works with many neurologic disorders. Also, using gentle Chirop... Read More »